Regarding Radhanagar Beach:
Radhanagar Beach is located 12km away from Havelock’s ferry pier in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Undoubtedly, the beach is one of the best beaches of this island due to the fine white sand, a lot of peace and serenity and turquoise blue waters. Of which it defines the Radhanagar Beach as a beautiful landmass.
It is not that huge island to explore more but has an overall length of 2km and width around thirty to forty meters. If you want to spend some quality time with your family and friends, then look no further than Radhanagar Beach. People often find elephant rides while on this beach and enjoy the trip to the fullest.
History Havelock Island:
- The island is named after the British General Henery Havelock.
- Presently, the island is full of Bengali settlers (mostly people from Bangladesh).
- The Radhanagar Beach avoided much of the devastation caused by the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake, Tsunami.
- The beach was named as the best beach in Asia by TIME in 2004.
The Radhanagar Beach and the Havelock Island has become the favourite destination for honeymooners. The Island is full of resorts and restaurants by the beach to cater to the tourist.
Things To Know While Being In The Radhanagar Beach:
- While starting your journey towards Radhanagar Beach, make sure that you have taken sunscreen lotion along with you.
- Here, all water activities are subjected to weather conditions
- During the off season, sea walk is closed
- Throughout the year, Scuba Driving is operational
- Tourists should be aware of the crocodile attacks while performing snorkelling .
Hotels and Resorts:
While being in the Radhanagar Beach, you will find many budget friendly hotels and resorts where you can have your morning food to last meal of the day at night. Some of the budget hotels are V Knot Residency, Island Vinnie Tropical beach Cabanna, and Cross Bill beach Resort and so on.