Tarkarli Beach is amongst the premiere destinations located in Sindhudurg district, Goa. It is amongst the southernmost beaches in Maharashtra. Among the part of the series of beaches, Tarkarli Beach is a small stretch of beach surrounded by Devbaug beach in the south and Sindhudurg sea fort in the north.
More about the Beach:
It has the finest white sand beach present among the entire stretch of Konkan beaches. Tarkarli is still one of the most popular beaches in the Southern part of Konkan while notwithstanding the close proximity to Goa. Tarkarli Beach is the most picturesque destination and the most popular beaches in Maharashtra by offering the Karli backwaters on one side and the turquoise blue sea on the other hand.
How to reach Tarkarli:
- Sidhudurg and Kudal are the two nearest railway stations present. It is the best possible way to travel to Tarkarli Beach.
- From Kasal, one can drive 35kms by road to reach this place.
Famous Water Sports in Tarkarli Beach:
- Tarkarli Beach is well-famous for several water sports and is emerging as the most sought after destination for water sports in Maharashtra.
- In the Karli backwaters, the Tsunami Island is the hub of water sports near Tarkarli.
- You will find all sorts of major water rides including parasailing in Tarkarli Beach.
Ideal Place for Holidays:
Tarkarli Beach offers an ideal destination for a relaxed weekend with the family and friends far away from the hustle and bustle of the city. If you are on a long holiday, then definitely it is a good stop over on the way to Goa. Tarkarli Beach is among the few beaches in India where you can enjoy SCUBA diving and snorkelling to the fullest. During Tarkarli holiday, one must see or pay a visit to this Island in Malvan. This will give you an overwhelming and unforgettable experience.