Papanasam Beach is the other name of Varkala Beach. The beach is happily residing in the costal belt of Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Varkala Beach is the amalgamation of Arabian Sea and some portion of the Indian Ocean. According to Hindu mythology, Papanasam means wash away sins forever; therefore, people of India believe that a dip in the waters of this beach will wash away all the sins in one’s life.
- The beach is the main attraction of this locality.
- The hotels and resorts along with the guesthouses are up on the cliff whereas people have to come down for the enjoyment.
- The Varkala Beach is guarded by swimming and during the time of sunset, all swimmers are advised to stay away from the shore due to strong RIP currents as “PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE”.
- Dolphins are very easy to spot on the shores of Varkala Beach.
- The local restaurants and hotels along with the multi-star hotels & restaurants got much benefited for the Varkala Beach as tourists take their foods in these hotels & restaurants only.
- Indian food is always praised by outsiders and tourists from out of India will be going to love the Kerala coconut curries. They are spicy yet delicious.
Life at Varkala:
Night life is more melodious than in day time, because people offers several traditional folk dances and live their life king size. Many varieties of excellent fruits are cultivated in Kerala; however, banana and coconut are broadly cultivated here. There are around 80 varieties of banana grown in this region and among then the red banana is famous for its sweet taste just like strawberries.
- Varkala Beach is the winner among the best beaches in India.
- Here, you will find many hidden and quite beaches that are occupied by palm trees.
- The Varkala Beach offers a great place for swimming and people loves it for clear crisp and warm water that provide a reasonable amount of surf for body surfing.